Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December Reading!

Hello book club friends,

Thank you for sharing so well at our session yesterday!  I loved hearing your questions even if you were not able to make the session!  The conversation was definitely inspiring!!

The winner for getting the best discussion was Jonah followed closely by Zion,  and Johnathon, who could not be there but sent me his discussion criteria!  Congrats Jonah!  You will be receiving your Amazon gift card shortly!

So here is the news for our next meeting, based on voting results:

BOOK:  Raising Dragons by Bryan Davis.  I am pretty sure we have a copy in the physical commons and I have ordered a copy for the e library.  I have also ordered all your requests for the e library!  They should be there in the next month.  If you are not sure how to log onto the new e library let me know and I will help you.

WHEN:  January 16th @1.30pm.  Please let me know if this time does not work for you.  I understand there are some of you who are effected by an hour delay. 

WHERE:  Blackboard Collaborate:
Here is the link to join the classroom:

https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=7345&password=M.404C9AF66D94F6F328175DB18B8A51



We might gather for a virtual Christmas party in December,  if you want to bring your favourite read and share with a cuppa hot chocolate;)  Let me know what you think?  This would just be social!!

The competition next time is to make a BOOK TRAILER, or written  book review for our book review project next time.

I hope to host a webinar soon on making a video including a book trailer, but here is a link sharing some ways for making trailers.

Standard Book review. From our book clubbers last year with written book reviews and video trailers!

Video trailer tutorial page.  This teacher librarian takes video trailers to another level.  Last year some of our students made stop motion movies to and there is a webinar I can share with you if you are interested?  Our teen geek squad gave this one recently.

Have an awesome month and see you in cyberspace on the ning, on Skype or Collaborize Classroom or email;)  You can join the ning if you are 13 and older.  Let me know and I will send you an invite to any of these virtual hangouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment